Monday, June 17, 2013

Will this be the making of me?



What do you know about me so far?

That I can bake and make jelly would be the minimum; add to that my voracious appetite for searching out posts, ideas and writing that captures whatever it is I am thinking about or interested in at the moment (or on a quest in order to complete a uni assignment).

Add to that an incredible ability to get distracted and leave a trail of part completed tasks on the computer or in the house, garden and office... and pivotal to it all I have a wonderful husband, 2 grown children and a 3rd four legged child with all of whom I am besotted.

My Blogger and Google+ profiles give a glimpse of me at the moments in time they were written.  Posts in both places will give you further insight into me and my world.

So, what is making?

Cakes, toys, clothes, dance costumes, assignments, clean clothes ironed clothes, dirty clothes, dirty houses, clean houses, smiles on other's faces, smiles on my own face.

A planned workforce; leadership development programs in place; confident and capable managers; workplaces free from harassment and bullying and positive workplace cultures.

Now that gets me thinking...

Making is not in isolation.  If I collected all my individual 'makes', it would build a picture of the larger make that is me.

We are a system of makes!

I read a post by Jens Graikowski  on G+.  He talked about the impact of "too much noise in your stream" - readers are confused about who you are and what you are interested in.

I'm not sure my response, so leave you with this;

Some of us are manicured lawns, others are patchwork quilts.  Both are beautiful and equally valuable



No comments:

Post a Comment