Thursday, April 8, 2010

...just to get me started

Today was like most days - it had a beginning, a middle and an end... well the work bit did anyway... the real day is not yet over...

I have often wondered what prompts people to start blogging and have read odds and ends about the narcissistic aspects of such activity... however I really do have (at times) an overly cluttered mind and a variety of sideline interests... cooking... arm chair philosophy... social networking... Harvard Business blogs and an assortment of other business feeds... which usually lead me into 'random' book purchases and more ideas and thinking... and trying to connect what seem to be otherwise disconnected thoughts as a result of this presents some interesting challenges...

My all time favourite quote is one from Schopenhauer;

"Thus the task in not so much to see what no one yet has seen, but to think what nobody yet has thought about that which everybody sees."

This probably sums up why I fill my mind with all this 'stuff', as I remain certain that at some point, in some Dumbledore 'pensieve-type' way, they will settle, connect and a clarity will emerge.

So that's it... for today at least...

No comments:

Post a Comment